22328743-M
This fellow built a hovercraft for his son out of junk in his garage using the plans he found online. He used a countertop as the base, a leaf blower as the “lifter”, PVC pip, Goop glue, plastic sheeting and duct tape. Link.

Phillip Torrone

Editor at large – Make magazine. Creative director – Adafruit Industries, contributing editor – Popular Science. Previously: Founded – Hack-a-Day, how-to editor – Engadget, Director of product development – Fallon Worldwide, Technology Director – Braincraft.

Comments

1. aydiosmio says:

This looks like a version of the hovercrafts at http://www.xinventions.com/main/hovercrafts/home.htm

2. wbeaty says:

LOL! The “i-hacked” hovercraft article is plagarized from my site.

Here’s my original:

3. finkbuilt says:

Yeah, The project is an old stand-by.

I built one when I was 10 years old, which was 1976. I ordered the plans from an ad in the back of “Boy’s Life” magazine. I was envisioning driving it to school. I was really dissapointed when I found out that I was going to be limited to having a couple of friends push me back and forth on the garage floor :)

4. ilikehovercrafts says:

hey man, i really like what you did for your son, and some day…maybe some day i will be just like you…my father. yes thats right. you are my father, i love you with all my heart. i will never forget the time when i came out of my mother and saw you. man. we rode those crafts a hovering all night long. i never forgot about that. i still have the hovercraft you gave me when i was just a young lad. man. i created my own hovercraft and flew over the moon when i saw the chicken croak in the heavens of joraadur.

5. ilikehovercrafts says:

6. big weiner man says:

hovuhcraft ar so fugin hard mane