Led And Lens0Raph writes “Since the first time I saw a projection clock, I knew one day I would build my own by converting a watch with an LCD display. Last week, I bought a watch in a dollar store and managed to convert it to a projection clock. I can finally project the time on my bedroom ceiling.” Link.

Phillip Torrone

Editor at large – Make magazine. Creative director – Adafruit Industries, contributing editor – Popular Science. Previously: Founded – Hack-a-Day, how-to editor – Engadget, Director of product development – Fallon Worldwide, Technology Director – Braincraft.

Comments

1. fstedie says:

this is a lot of work… you can buy one of these for like $20 nowdays..

2. kryten007 says:

Right, but, what’s the name of the site/magazine?

3. bf5man_ says:

Every parts can be found at the dollars store:
    -1 watch
    -2 led keyrings for the highintensity leds
    -1 magnifier

Total: 4 bucks and some funs :)

4. Unomi says:

fstedie: people who say that won’t make a neat hack/project themselves anytime…. it’s not the money, it’s not always the need, it’s because you CAN!!! It keeps the mind creative, it gets you experience in certain fields, it even can bring you to a next level of consiousness sometimes.

So it is more a keeping-you-busy-while-entertaining project than something new or inventive. Maybe you can scale the shit to other proportions. Maybe take a 100 dollar weatherstation with LCD and project that on a wall. Who knows? It is FUN!

- Unomi -

5. BruceR says:

You could use this idea to modify anything with an LCD display. I’m thinking one of those flash drive MP3 players displaying it’s playlist on the wall while playing through an amp. You could also get some filters to make the display different colours.

6. BruceR says: