Season-1-Dash-2004
Nats2001-003
A few Makers sent in links about building their own KITT cars from Knight Rider & here are some great dashboard recreations…. Juha writes – “The images are presented in reverse chronological order…the drawings from 2002/2004 are the most accurate – dare I say, the ultimate – reproductions of the original dashboard. Note that in the pictures from 1991 and 1995, everything – including the fonts – has been drawn by manually placing pixels on the screen with a paint program and a mouse.”Link.

Related:
KITT and KARR Replica Guide (pictured here) – Link.

Phillip Torrone

Editor at large – Make magazine. Creative director – Adafruit Industries, contributing editor – Popular Science. Previously: Founded – Hack-a-Day, how-to editor – Engadget, Director of product development – Fallon Worldwide, Technology Director – Braincraft.

Comments

1. jmccorm says:

This is very good because I was need an engine with TURBO ASSIST, and seatbelts with LASER RESTRAINTS!

2. jmccorm says:

This is very good because I was need a can with TURBO BOOST, and a PASSIVE LASER RESTRAINT SYSTEM!

3. jmccorm says:

4. THELEGATE says:

We are trying to buy KITT for presidential candidate Joe Biden. This is retarded. How can i actually build the car? I dont want to stop at corny decals, i want a talking computer car…preferably with a blow up david hasselhoff (spelling?)…you know like the autopilot in Airplane! the movie.
    please get back to me on this most pressing of issues.

5. THELEGATE says:

please get back to me on this most pressing of issues.

6. THELEGATE says:

i was hoping you would be faster about this…

7. THELEGATE says:

I am in desperate need of this car for my campaign

joe biden