The Make Movie Festival was a great success! Phillip Torrone, David Pescovitz, and I worked together to gather all the submissions and explore the internet to find more movies about makers and making things. The movies were shown at the festival on the main stage between presentations. With so many great entries it was hard to pick a winner, but the Marks Brothers’ Fun with Dry Ice shined through. Their top notch explanations of how to have fun with dry ice was really great. The grand prize is a box set of Make Magazines signed by the Make Magazine staff, a Make: t-shirt for each brother, and Make: license plate covers, which they’ll have to wait until they can drive to use!
The movies played on the main stage between presenters and in the Mobmov vehicle which Bryan Kennedy put together. Usually his mobmov vehicle works like a portable drive in, but since it was so bright out he converted the actual car into a movie theater to showcase the Make Movies.
For all the other participants whose video made the cut, we’ll be sending you some special Make: gifts. Drop us an email if you haven’t heard from us with your address and we’ll send you some good Make: stuff! Have a great time watching the videos that were presented at the Make Movie Festival!
- Graffiti Research Labs’ LED Throwies II
- Josh Leo’s Paper Cup. Protocollon’s
- DIY Tripod for the isight
- Geek Entertainment Television’s Boing.
- NASA’s Water Balloons in Vomit Comet Airplane
- Mikey Sklar’s The Super POV
- Steve Garfield’s Lighting Tips.
- Rocketboom’s report on A Virtual Clothing Designer
- Annieee’s DIY Shirt Printing.
- Jonny Goldstein’s Scratch Art
- Usman Haque and Adam Somlai-Fischer’s Low Tech Sensors + Actuators
- Marque Cornblatt’s Gomi Style
- Cornell’s Self-replicating Robots
- Instructable’s Pen Holder for a Notepad.
- French Maid TV’s How To Video Podcast
- Rich Gibson’s Florence Avenue
- Blue Team’s Ghostrider Robot
- Curtis Guise Klaus Rasch’s Full size 1982 Toyota Camry RC car!
- Bunsella’s Gingerbread Drive-By.
- Ian Baber’s CVS Video Camera on a Rocket
- Tek-Tonic’s CVS Vdeo Camera on an RC Plane.
- Mark Frauenfelder’s Cigarbox Guitar.
- Blind Lightnin’ Pete’s Cigar Box Blues.
- Steve Lodefink’s Soda Bottle Rocket
These videos were found in our collective archives and needed to be included in a list of Maker Movies:
- Fun with lasers @ OSCON
- Green lasers, red balloons and robot dogs…
- Mousey the Junkbot Video
- Skype Payphone Video
- The Shopper Chopper
- The Little Robot That Could
- How To Make A Stone Circle: Part 3
- Knitting with Paperclips
- The Making of a Warbot and the Death of a Razor
- Bass + Oar = Boar