Kite

It’s a kite that looks like a cursor!

Quad-line control, asymmetrical framing, invisible stainless fittings, and opposed-bow tensioning for the sail make this incredible kite look digitally pasted right into the sky. But it isn’t. Carefully designed by Tim Elverston, this high-end addition to the WindFire collection marks the beginning of the WindFire OS Series. Stay tuned and don’t worry, we’ve got all the logical extensions of this series in the works! -
Via
Link

Comments

1. cspurgeon says:

Brilliant! Any idea of cost?

2. pen_sq says:

Mac Busy Pinwheel, mmm..

3. Dirkus says:

pen_sq: Looks like it’s been done, the rest of the kite just needs to be transparent. Check it out here, the second kite down. Apparently it spins while the rest of the kite stays stable too.

4. BathroomNinja says:

sweet

5. airship says:

Must. Fight. Cognitive. Dissonance. :)

6. matthew_kleinmann says:

Why would you even bother putting a link to this project in the make blog when the project has this line in it:

Please do not emulate our work.

I guess these guys invented kites?

7. hammock-hangout says:

Looks like this was flown at Burning Man

8. TimothyElverston says:

Hey guys and thanks so much for the interest. In response to the post regarding the emulation of our work – It is not my intention to play a closed hand. This is mainly to stave off cheap chinese copies of our hard hours designing. Any ideas and suggestions are welcome. I often help people out with their own kite related ideas. Also we most certainly did not invent kites :-) This kite however, we most certainly did invent. And yes the shot featured was at Burning Man 2005.

Cheers
    Tim Elverston

9. deanjordan@gmail.com says:

Tim may not have invented kites, that happened so long ago its history is forgotten, but he certainly can lay claim to inventing new ways of building kites. From his Mighty Mite fighter kite, to his Morpho Gliders, he has a quiver of kites the likes of which are not seen anywhere else on the planet.

Tim was thinking outside boxes before he even knew about boxes. Truly a kite builders kitebuilder, his radical approach to kite design, graphics, and construction has blown minds for years, and he shows no sign of quitting soon.

I’m betting there will be something just as startling this year on the playa.

aoxomoxoa
    dean jordan

10. matthew_kleinmann says:

I am not questioning the neat-o factor of the kites, nor the builders past works or place in the industry. I am questioning the appropriateness of the “Please do not emulate our work.” attitude on the Make magazine site. My take on the Make site is it is full of people who both emulate and want their work emulated. If you are not one of them you really ought not to be linked to from this particular site. Perhaps find a site called Neat-o or sharper image or sharper image or something more orientated at the consumer then the builder.

11. badpoodle says:

12. TimothyElverston says:

Apologies

This kite was posted here without my knowledge. It is not for sale – it is not even a product. Adverstisement is not my goal with this. And certainly not here.

I ask: Can we turn this into a positive Makezine thread?

If anyone has any questions about this project, or kite projects in general, I will happily answer them.

Tim Elverston

13. TimothyElverston says:

I know. How ’bout a list of materials used:

Carbon micro rod
    icarex ripstop polyester
    bits of two liter bottle
    aircraft saftey wire (stainless)
    urethane tubing
    stainless tubing
    spectra line

Tim Elverston

14. John says:

Yes.. Please do not emulate our work.
    ses kayıt

15. thanks... says:

I ask: Can we turn this into a positive Makezine thread?

oyun => oyun

16. Please do not emulate our work. says:

am not questioning the neat-o factor of the kites, nor the builders past works or place in the industry. I am questioning the appropriateness of the “Please do not emulate our work.” attitude on the Make magazine site. My take on the Make site is it is full of people who both emulate and want their work emulated. If you are not one of them you really ought not to be linked to from this particular site. Perhaps find a site called Neat-o or sharper image or sharper image or something more orientated at the consumer then the builder. çocuk oyunları

17. Please do not emulate our work. says:

18. kadin says:

yeah please do not emulate our work.. kadin

19. iyinet webmaster forumu 2008 seo yarışması says:

iyinet webmaster forumu 2008 seo yarışması

iyinet webmaster forumu 2008 seo yarışması

20. Can says:

I guess these guys invented kites?

Can

21. Can says:

yeah your kite is clever, but more clever is your rape of this forum in the pursuit of advertising. fear not, emulation is not on my mind.

22. dizi izle says:

wanderfull man thanks , nice girl :)

dizi izle