28132
Microcenter has the Boe-Boe Robot Kit that uses a BASIC Stamp 2 microcontroller for $50, it’s usually $150, so it’s not a bad deal and pretty good kit for beginners – Thanks Ksmith! Link.

More:
In MAKE 02 we reviewed this kit – Link.

Phillip Torrone

Editor at large – Make magazine. Creative director – Adafruit Industries, contributing editor – Popular Science. Previously: Founded – Hack-a-Day, how-to editor – Engadget, Director of product development – Fallon Worldwide, Technology Director – Braincraft.

Comments

1. pen_sq says:

WOW. I got one a year ago for $100, it was an incredible deal then. Whichever microcontroller you grow up into (AVR for me!), this set puts together everything you’ll need to know. The “manual” runs as a well paced and engaging class course.

2. Lagg says:

Wow, a BS2 on its own costs that much. That is a great deal!

3. JLOCK84 says:

yeah, I remember seeing these in radioshack i work at. We carried them for about 4 months after christmas of ’05. then they had all of us radioshacks discontinue and ship them back to our depots.

4. RonGiuntini says:

My son and I are each building a boebot, his is USB, mine is serial. Same thing, essentially. This is the best price I have seen apart from ebay auctions. If you want to learn about microcontrollers, servos, and programing a basic stamp, get this kit.

5. WNixon says:

It’s backordered now, but I just talked to a friendly customer service guy and he said they have stock arriving probably over the weekend, and will start filling orders on Monday.

6. WNixon says:

7. WNixon says:

8. JoeyBob says:

No longer backordered.
    Mine was shipped Thursday, same day as ordered.

9. WNixon says:

Looks to be gone from Micro-Center now. However I did find another source for this kit cheap. See forum post here: