Did you know that the MAKE Controller can easily drive a floppy disk head positioning stepper motor? Yup, it can – Nelson is kicking butt with a new MAKE controller project and shows you how, he writes – “This is the second in a series of postings about the Makezine controller. The first one was the Jedi Cursor. Most 5.25″ floppy disk drives have a stepper motor in them for positioning the head, plus interesting widgets like optical emitters and detectors. With a little bit of work, they can be removed and put back into service with your Makezine controller. I put together a set of photos showing how I disassembled my floppy disk drive and removed the useful bits.” – Link.
- Reusing a floppy disk stepper motor (photos) – Link.
- Obi-Wan the Cursor – amazing project with the MAKE controller! – Link.
- MAKE Controller kit (resources)… – Link.
- Want to make a robot that can draw images for you? The MAKE Drawbot was made using the controller kit! – Link.
- MAKE controller kit (order one today!) – Link.