Here’s a good case mod for the Halloween… Magnus Persson aka Wolverine writes – “When I decided that it was time for a new case mod, I knew that I wanted a Hellraiser theme for my case, having been a big fan of the films. I wanted the case to house my server, a Pentium 4 1.7GHz machine.
My plans were to make a replica of the Puzzle Box from the films. To do this, I planned to make an engraved plexicube. Whilst I originally planned to make it black & gold using gold leaf, I quickly discovered that this was going to be an impractical way to do things.
The internal lighting would be simple. By using sunblock film, the case would remain black until the lights were switched on – at which point the internals would be visible. I planned to create a wooden base for the computer so that all the cables and connectors could be hidden in the base, as well as the CD ROM drive stealthed nicely.
Mods @ MAKE!:
- Sangaku Japanese case mod – Link.
- Nintendo Entertainment Center PC case mod… – Link.
- Case Mods – The Ultimate List – Link.
- Commodore PET / CBM reto case mod – Link.
- Blog: HOW TO – Turbine fan case mod – Link.
- Plexiglass case mods – Link.