288255588 8617081Edb
Here’s a clever use for all those old pill bottles, store electronic parts in them! Wackyvorlon writes… – “This is a method my friend and I have started using for storing electronics components. We have a bunch of old pill bottles kicking around, so we label them and use them for storage. We’ve found them most convenient.”Link.

Related:

• Electronics projects @ MAKE – Link.

Phillip Torrone

Editor at large – Make magazine. Creative director – Adafruit Industries, contributing editor – Popular Science. Previously: Founded – Hack-a-Day, how-to editor – Engadget, Director of product development – Fallon Worldwide, Technology Director – Braincraft.

Comments

1. davenosebball says:

That’s a great idea!

I had never considered storing small objects in containers designed to hold other different small objects!

I will be submitting an article detailing how I store larger objects in boxes originally used to store other different larger objects.

2. kaden says:

You can also look forward to my article on storing multiple small containers in a larger container originally intended to store multiple small containers other than the multiple small containers being stored.

A patent for this technique is pending.

3. durin says:

and I’ll submit an article on replying to posts and basically saying the same thing as the previous posts.

4. doctor.allen says:

I wonder if you can go to a pharmacy and ask for any old pill bottles they have lying around.

Well, of course, you could do that. I wonder if they would actually give them to you.

5. bananaz says:

i bought a cheap tacklebox at K-Mart and that works wonders.

6. mc@uga.edu says:

Remember that plastic is not good for semiconductors because of the static electricity. I wouldn’t use pill bottles for ICs or FETs, maybe not even ordinary transistors and diodes. Resistors, capacitors, and hardware are fine.

7. mc@uga.edu says:

8. PTHS student says:

yea so then what did u do with the pills them selves…..we are doing a project to find ways to recycle old never used pharmaceutical drugs and so far we have walgreens and wal-mart….trying to get satoris and kmart to agree to…but who knows lets hope it works…just writing to see what u guys thinks about it?