Stephanie has an *awesome* laser project, turn a DVD burner into a high powered laser – “The laser pictured above has a peak output measured at 225 mW (average output 200 mW). It’s a visible red at about 650nm. It can light matches, pop balloons, cut electrical tape, and so forth. It can do pretty much anything a Pulsar 150 from Wicked Lasers can do, because it’s basically the same thing. The only differences? This laser was home-made, and cost about 1/3 the price. So, how did I do it? Some luck, some deductive reasoning, and some electronics experience all come into play. This page is a brief guide…” [via] – Link.
- Fun With Lasers (great resources) – Link.
- Transmit Audio with a Laser Pen – Link.
- Play Records with a Laser – Link.
- The Homemade Laser Saber – Link.
- Green Laser! – Link.
- Laser chess… – Link.
- The Homemade Nitrogen Laser – Link.