Fred, the winner of our put MAKE on a Wii request sent in how you can get to websites on your Nintendo Wii… He writes:
Basically it’s very easy but it didnt work until i restarted my computer. Most of the info was from here…
- Install Simple DNS Plus
- Go to Tools -> Edit DNS Records and Tools -> Quick Domain Wizard. Put oss.shop.wii.com for the domain and the comuter’s ip for webserver ip.
- Install Apache 2.2 with the computer’s ip for both domains and [email protected] for the email
- Install PHP 5.2 from http://us3.php.net/get/php-5.2.0-win32-installer.msi/from/a/mirror to the apache /conf
- directory (make sure there’s a popup asking if you want to change apache’s configuration, un/reinstall if it doesnt)
- Download WiiBrowse from http://kontek.net/mozy/wii/ or http://1337.lastunicorn.info/WiiBrowse.zip and extract to htdocs in apache
- Restart apache from the taskbar
- Change the connection setting on the wii so that the primary DNS is your computer’s ip
- Launch the shop channel and you should see google. Done!
Anyways it was fun, and thank you very much!