Fzonatvjzvev2Z3Qfu.Medium
woodblock100 writes -

“I needed a teleprompter to help me make better looking videos for my website on woodblock printmaking, so I built this one, using nothing but a few pieces of scrap wood and glass, and only free software.

When recording videos, I discovered that I’m not much of an actor … namely, I can’t remember my lines! I tried to get around this by printing out a large-type ‘script’ and hanging it up next to the camera, but when I looked at the resulting video, it was obvious that I was reading something, and not looking directly into the camera. There was only one solution … build a teleprompter!

Here’s how I did it, in just a few minutes, using a couple of scraps of wood, a scavenged piece of glass, and an old shirt …”Link.

Related:

• DIY Plasti-Prompter – Link.

Img413 1503
From the pages of MAKE:

Phillip Torrone

Editor at large – Make magazine. Creative director – Adafruit Industries, contributing editor – Popular Science. Previously: Founded – Hack-a-Day, how-to editor – Engadget, Director of product development – Fallon Worldwide, Technology Director – Braincraft.

Comments

1. stevecooley says:

Hey, I had a similar design concept, but mine was for a laptop + isight/other usb/firewire camera. Check it out here:

-steve

2. stshores24 says:

That’s really great. I think it would be good for podcasts, as well, if one had a script. Thats for posting this–I’m sure I’ll find a use for it someday.

3. stshores24 says:

That’s really great. I think it would be good for podcasts, as well, if one had a script. Thanks for posting this–I’m sure I’ll find a use for it someday.

4. Prussian7 says:

Well done!

5. media_gregg says:

I had a student last year who made a similar teleprompter set up for our studio. two monitors running through a vga splitter laying flat perpendicular to the camera, and a one-way mirror up to the camera at a 45 degree angle. Change the white balance a little and its completely functional.

6. RichardFairhead says:

Your teleprompter was one of the starting points for the one that I build.

Check it out here http://equipment-notes.blogspot.com/2007/03/diy-autocue.html

Anybody find a source for half-silvered mirrors?

Richard