Brian picked up one of our XGameStation kits and took’er out for a spin…
This is an inventory of everything you need to do XGameStation hacking on the go. I’ve put notes in the picture, but here’s a list, too:
- XGameStation Pico
- Parallax SX-Key programmer
- KeySpan USB/Serial Adapter
- USB-powered video capture device (don’t get the one I’m using… it’s ancient)
- Fx Video Capture (DScaler doesn’t work under Vista, but it would be my first choice)
- SX-Key IDE (I use 3.0 because 3.3 claimed there was an error in the racer demo code)
- 9v power source. You really want the wall-wart, because programming the SX28 is kind of rough on the battery.
XGameStation hacking rig – Link.