“This project stemmed from the desire to remove (and perhaps one day re-solder) surface mount components. In it’s entireity (pictures and all), it took less that two hours and $20. Even if you have to buy everything, I believe the cost could easily be kept under $30. Comparatively, I could not find a hot air soldering iron retain for under $200. Every entrepreneuring young electrical engineer needs to work on some project to satisfy curiosities and take things apart… right? Well, at least I do!” – Link.
- Join the MAKE Instructables Group – Link.
- $45 Hot Air Pencil – Link.
- HOW-TO: SMD Soldering (surface-mount devices) – Link.
- Looking for a good soldering iron? – Link.
- Solder surface mount parts with a toaster oven. – Link.
- HOW-TO : Hand-solder teeny tiny chips! – Link.