“This is a kit that will allow you to do many soldering tasks in the field, cost about $8.00, and it all fits in an Altoids tin! I’ve used this same set of stuff for years now and was inspired to share it based on a recent instructable on soldering (an outstanding one). This instructable goes one step further in building a portable helping hand, solder dispenser, and assembling all the other tools that you will need to get things done in the field.
Let me add at this point I know this not the best way to solder and this method has its limitations. It is however the best way to fix surveillance equipment at 3 a.m., in the back of a van, in the dark. I can testify to that. Good times. I was a tech for an undercover narcotics unit for five years and this method came through for me many times.” – Link.
- It’s Learn To Solder Month! – Link.
- Soldering Tutorial PDF – Link.
- Soldering Tutorial – Make Video Podcast – Link.
- Soldering how-tos, tutorials and more @ MAKE – Link.
From the pages of MAKE:
- Soldering and Desoldering. Step-by-step instructions for making (and unmaking) the perfect solder joint. MAKE 01 page 166. Subscribers–read this article now in your digital edition or get MAKE 01.