Omer

GRL writes -

Defense contractors say that within the next 10 years they’ll have a solid state laser mounted on a Hummer that can put a hole in a sheet of metal from several miles away. Well Dutch graffiti writers can pretty much do that now with this Hymermobil-mounted L.A.S.E.R. Tagging system dope off the assembly line at the Graffiti Research Lab.

Graffiti Research Lab » L.A.S.E.R. Tag – Link and video.

More:

Phillip Torrone

Editor at large – Make magazine. Creative director – Adafruit Industries, contributing editor – Popular Science. Previously: Founded – Hack-a-Day, how-to editor – Engadget, Director of product development – Fallon Worldwide, Technology Director – Braincraft.

Comments

1. zomg says:

These guys are awesome. They always give me the urge to go watch Turk 182!

2. jswilson64 says:

Sweet. Set one up in Boston and write “Jihad” on the sides of buildings there. That would be fun! (p.s. – that was sarcasm)

3. BrK says:

More insanely stupid and useless work from GRL.

4. mtxe says:

IMO its not useless at all

5. BrK says:

mtxe: what useful purpose does this serve?

6. DGary says:

Advertising!

well…. guerrilla advertising, but I’m sure someone would pay for it

7. RannFox says:

brk do u allways have 2 piss in other
    peoples cheerio’s
    AND its called freedom of speech…

8. jswilson64 says:

I don’t think the protections of the 1st Amendment cover “tagging” someone else’s property without their consent, whether with light or spray paint.

9. kate12 says:

Hey I’m a student at the London College of Fashion and am really interested in finding out more about laser tag- if there’s anyone who would be willing to talk to me please let me know.

In addition if anyone who is into regular graffiti has any opinions I would be really keen to speak with you too.

Thanks guys