Please welcome our jewelry polishing overlords. This is great, if I had jewelry, robotic precision seems extremely desirable, more so if those cheap synthetic diamonds ever come out –
The VDK 1000, a robotic jewelry polishing system invented by South Dakota School of Mines and Technology mechanical engineering professor Dr. Vojislav Kalanovich, has been accepted by Gesswein, one of the world’s largest suppliers of jewelry manufacturers, to market and sell.
Eight years ago, Kalanovic invented the first-ever robotic jewelry application. Since that time, he has come to be known as the “father of robotic applications” within the jewelry industry and has received numerous patents, awards and accolades for his work.
- Robotics @ MAKE – Link.
- Jewelry from Functional Objects – Link.
- Machining titanium and stainless steel jewelry – Link.
- Grow your own jewelry – Link.
- LEGO man jewelry – Link.
- HOW TO – Photograph jewelry – Link.
- Jewelry made from electronic parts – Link.
- Magnetic Jewelry – Link.
- Cracker Jack Toys Made Into Jewelry – Link.