Mark just posted about the latest MAKE that should be hitting the stands soon!
MAKE Vol 10 is about to hit the stands. I just got my advance copy and am really excited about this one, and not just because my daughter and I are the cover models. This issue has a bunch of electronics projects that anyone can make, even if they don’t know the business end of a soldering iron. Here are some highlights:
- Making a home electronics workshop — everything you need to get yourself started in hobby electronics
- Fun circuits you can make with the 555 timer chip
- Make a pair of digital dice
- Easy ways to automate your house
- Making sandals from an old tire
- Experience altered states of consciousness with the Brain Machine
- Build a device to help you have lucid dreams
- Make a self-contained ecosystem in a Mason jar
- Learn how to use an oscilloscope
- Make a vibrobot out of a mint tin (as seen on cover)
- Design a workbench using Google’s SketchUp
- Make a guitar amp enhancer from a thrift store desk
- Outfit your bike with solar power GPS
- Build a powerful laser from a DVD burner
- Construct a sidewalk speed gun
In addition to these projects we have many features and profiles about makers and the cool things they make. If you subscribe now using the promo code SUMMER, you’ll get one free issue.
Subscribe to MAKE – Link (SUMMER code).
*Also on the cover, Mitch Altman, inventor of the TV-B-Gone.