6Front1
TubeClock has a really nice selection of Nixie tube clock kits, any makers buy and build one of these from them? Post up in the comments… Link.

Phillip Torrone

Phillip Torrone

Editor at large – Make magazine. Creative director – Adafruit Industries, contributing editor – Popular Science. Previously: Founded – Hack-a-Day, how-to editor – Engadget, Director of product development – Fallon Worldwide, Technology Director – Braincraft.

7 Responses to Nixie Tube kits

Your Thoughts?

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

1. samurai1200 on said:

I’m SO tempted to buy a kit… I love kits. At the moment, $100 for it seems to be a bit pricey. I wish they supplied just the PCBs, the microcontroller, a decent parts list.

2. crawdad59 on said:

I built one of their kits, it’s very high quality, and I’m looking at its warm glow right now. I wasn’t able to round up parts for less than the kit, anyway. Peter Jensen who designed and sells it is very responsive if you have questions about the build. Highly recommended.

3. samurai1200 on said:

I did shoot him over an email, and he replied:

In the past I have sold just PCB and microcontrollers, but this has almost always led to many support questions as to which parts to get and where to get them. Now I sell the complete kits only, which include everything needed to build the clock.
    Best Regards,
    -Peter

4. PJensen on said:

Hello all, this is Peter from tubeclock.com.

I just thought I’d mention that there is a parts list in the manuals, which can be downloaded from the support page. The only unusual part is the high-Voltage driver, which is Mouser.com part 689-HV5622PG-G. All other parts are just standard resistors and capacitors and the like. The nixies themselves can usually be had on eBay, although the price has just about doubled since this time last year.

If there is enough interest, I could put together are “bare kit” with just the PCB and micro, although I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t be saving any money after you ordered the parts from Mouser or DigiKey.

If anyone has any questions about the clocks, please feel free to e-mail me. My e-mail is on the contact page at tubeclock.com.

Best Regards,

-Peter

5. msanfilippo on said:

I built one of Peter’s kits about a year ago and really enjoyed it. I posted pictures, etc to my blog at the time. I highly recommend his kits!

see: http://www.intheworkshop.info/nixie/index.html

6. yngvarr on said:

Kind of a couple days late, but after I saw your post, I had to order one. Got it today, and this is what I came up with:

7. Just a quick note to say that I bought one of Peter’s IN-14 tube clocks, and it has been fantastic. More info and pictures:

Related Supplies at Maker Shed