Eric writes in -
Visit http://lemurbots.org for more info and to sign up – LEMUR is happy to announce the formation of an Art & Technology Education Coalition in partnership with Harvestworks (http://harvestworks.org) and 3rd Ward (http://3rdward.com). Our three organizations have teamed up to broaden our collective offering of art & technology classes, with each organization focusing on its strengths. In addition, we will soon be offering special course series, with a series of related subjects taught among the three facilities. Also coming soon, we will be offering discounts for taking multiple classes at any of the facilities.
LEMUR’s classes will focus on electronics, sensors, robotics, microcontrollers and performance. Harvestworks’ classes will focus on interactive and multimedia software including a range of Max/MSP and Jitter classes with varied subjects and skill levels. 3rd Ward’s classes will focus on fabrication and design, including woodworking, metalworking, welding, screenprinting, textile design and design software.
- Building MIDI Music & Video Controllers: Creating a Sensor Instrument with MidiTron, Level 1 & 2
- Microcontroller Progamming for Artists: Introduction to the Arduino System, Level 1 & 2
- Video Tracking in Jitter: Expert Video Tracking for Sound and Video Control
- Fun With Fiberglass: Basic Composite Fabrication
- Ableton Live for Performers: Integrating Live Computer Electronics Into Contemporary Performance
- Pyrotronics: Pyrotechnics & Control for Artists
- Art of Light: Controlling LEDs, EL Wire and Other Lighting Elements with Microprocessors
- Sensors for Dancers: Wireless Sound and Video Control Through Movement
- Electromechanical Systems and Robotics for Artists
League of Electronic Musical Urban Robots – Link.