Crazy electric pyramid “Dream Car.” I guess the pyramid shape is supposed to keep the driver sharp.

Dream Car – [via] Link

Gareth Branwyn

Gareth Branwyn is a freelancer writer and the former Editorial Director of Maker Media. He is the author or editor of a dozen books on technology, DIY, and geek culture, including the first book about the web (Mosaic Quick Tour) and the Absolute Beginner’s Guide to Building Robots. He is currently working on a best-of collection of his writing, called Borg Like Me.

Comments

1. ALALALALala says:

i want to give you a dollar

2. yachris says:

Looks like something out of the original “Speed Racer” cartoons…

3. Michael says:

I almost thought the front “door” was an exit ramp…would have been way cooler that way.

4. Michael says:

Oh wow! I just read the pictures on his website…I feel sick now.

Apparently Jesus commissioned him to make this pope-mobile. It can travel at 200 MPH and has a range of 200 miles. It also includes safety features like no seat belts or brakes (these are listed as features, I’m not being sarcastic), and when filled with 1 passenger, it weighs more than his 1927 (?) Caddy with 7 passengers (apparently 8000 lbs curb).

5. John says:

The really sad thing is that this is real and he is overly serious about it. I really don’t care how people want to spend their money — if the guy wants to build a $60K motorized battery box out of wood, lexan and some aluminized bubble wrap, more power to him! But after watching all his videos I can’t help be saddened to know that in this case it appears to be a lot of wasted effort — the guy really believes he has created a miracle machine.

Did he ever once consider the impact that requiring 400 deep cycle batteries for each vehicle (80 in the car, 320 in the garage) would cause? How in the world is that sustainable? And did he consider the energy wasted in transporting 8000 lbs of batteries everywhere he goes?

Energy efficient heater? Nah; just plug a hair dryer into an inverter; it’s all good. Let’s pimp some neon up in that b***h too while we’re at it. Can you run down to Home Depot and get me some more aluminum insulation? I stapled the last roll all over this seat cushion and I need another one to wrap around my head.

Unless this is all a big sort of Andy Kauffman joke — in which case it’s highly effective.

6. Mark says:

I love it.

This guy is one in a million.

Cynics and bigots will always be a dime a dozen.

7. Mark says:

I love it.

This guy is one in a million.

Cynics and bigots will always be a dime a dozen.

8. Carlo says:

“America desperately needs a single-pod, fast ground transport.”

…motorcycles are nonexistent?

9. MadScott says:

If you read the letter on this guy’s web page, he wants to go 300 mph(!!) in this thing — I can’t wait!! Hopefully Mythbusters will be filming it. Mark is right — I’m the consummate cynic, but I just love this…what a riot!

10. John says:

Hate to be labelled as a cynic, but do realize that if he crashes this thing going 300mph he’s going to sustain an impact force of somewhere around 1500 g’s (back of the envelope) assuming the vehicle would actually contains his carcass (There is no seatbelt, naturally). All this considered, though, the impact would be the least of the problems when those lead acid cells collapse and explode.

11. Volkemon says:

@Mark-
    “This guy is one in a million.”

Yeah, natural selection isn’t perfect yet…but still doing alright.