Here’s Hack #87, Display Negative Time Values, from David and Raina Hawley’s Excel Hacks, 2nd Edition. Millions of users create and share Excel spreadsheets every day, but few go deeply enough to learn the techniques that will make their work much easier. Yet there are many ways to take advantage of Excel’s sophisticated capabilities without spending hours on advanced study. In Excel Hacks, you’ll learn how to:
- Reduce workbook and worksheet frustration–manage how users interact with worksheets, find and highlight information, and deal with debris and corruption.
- Analyze and manage data–extend and automate these features, moving beyond the limited tasks they were designed to perform.
- Hack names–learn not only how to name cells and ranges, but also how to create names that adapt to the data in your spreadsheet.
- Get the most out of PivotTables–avoid the problems that make them frustrating and learn how to extend them.
- Create customized charts–tweak and combine Excel’s built-in charting capabilities.
- Hack formulas and functions–subjects range from moving formulas around to dealing with datatype issues to improving recalculation time.
- Make the most of macros–including ways to manage them and use them to extend other features.
- Use the enhanced capabilities of Microsoft Office 2007 to combine Excel with Word, Access, and Outlook.
Hack #87: Display Negative Time Values – Link
- Excel Hacks, 2nd Edition @ the Maker Store – Buy now
- Excel Hacks, Second Edition–New from O’Reilly: Hook Up with Excel Expert Hackers – Press Release