The Midiator kit converts a Playstation 2 controller for MIDI use
- Supports official PS2 controllers, cheap knockoffs and wireless controllers
- Analog joysticks control pitch bend and several controllers (or whatever you want them to do)
- Buttons either trigger notes or toggle controller signals
- LCD and menu system for mode switching (controller vs. note triggering) and remapping the buttons. See the instructions below for more info, but you basically press
- start, the button you want to remap, and then up/down arrows to remap.
- Partially works with Guitar Hero controller… still working on this
- 3 LEDs for feedback: power, sign of life, and/or whatever else you want.
- Requires DC power supply 7-15 VDC, positive centered barrel plug.
Oddly enough it looks Curiousinventor.com is offering cash to those willing to expand the feature set via modification of the PIC code – Midiator PS2 to MIDI converter