It’s a good day for Wii homebrewers. The latest version of the Twilight Hack was released, fixing the problem Nintendo created with the Wii 3.3 fireware update. A quick turnaround time on this one:
Changelog for this release:
- The Twilight Hack is now compatible with version 3.3 of the Wii System Menu.
- Improvements in video configuration. The entire console should now be visible in all video modes, and scrolling has been improved.
- For the USA version, the two variants of the hack have been packed into one save file. Just select the save slot that corresponds to your version of Twilight Pricess when you start the game.
- New savegame icons by drmr. The new icons now show which region that version of the hack is for.
- This version now tries to load boot.dol, and falls back to boot.elf if boot.dol is not found.
- Many, many bug fixes.
I think the “???????” refers to a little rhyme that is now embedded in the loader file. Here’s a snippet:
Now these quick hack fixes have some beautiful holes, So we found them fast and easily met our goals. And I’m glad we got burned. Think of all the things we learned. For the people whose Wiis want new life! Go ahead and patch it. I think I’d like to have some fun. Maybe you’ll find an undisclosed bug. Maybe that huge one.
Sounds a bit like a burn.