David J. Neff from The Haunted Report Blog will be joining us at MAKE as we celebrate what is perhaps the biggest DIY holiday all year, Halloween! The Haunted report is the haunted attraction/haunted house industries’ top independent blog and they will be highlighting some great DIY Halloween ideas. We’ll try and keep it modern and a little scary. No pepper’s ghosts here….so let’s start with the classics. Tons of people have shown us Fog Chillers online but this one has you make your own liquid cooled copper pipes. Enjoy!
Also, looks for our MASSIVE DIY Halloween contest in a couple days, it’s the biggest and best on the web!
Lastly, our DIY Halloween issue is available. Last fall we released a special Halloween edition of Make. We sold thousands. Our warehouse gang tell us we still have some remaining stock. Here’s your chance to get this classic!
DIY HALLOWEEN from the editors of MAKE and CRAFT brings you 40-plus DIY projects for the holiday that’s made for makers. From the craftiest costumes to amazing animated props and the latest in computer-controlled haunted house effects.
- Headless Marie Antoinette costume
- Mechanical ghosts and ghouls
- LED and laser jack-o’-lanterns
- Creature makeup and blood-spurting wounds
- DIY coffins and tombstones
- T. Rex rooftopper
- Flaming LED skulls Kid-tested haunted house tricks
- A special “Ghoulbox” section with Halloween kits, tools, and gadgets.
- Plus demonic decorations, hideous party snacks, and profiles of extraordinary makers and their creepy crafts.