A lot of folks who weren’t in the Austin, TX area last week for Maker Faire Austin 2008 wanted some of the deals we had at the Maker Shed Store, so – for the rest of the week we’re going to have a post each day with some of the specials. Here are 5 of the most popular products from the store along with some discounts!
Enter in MAKER to get 10% off any of these kits in the Maker Shed or if you spend more than $80 enter in FAIRE after and get free shipping on orders over $80.00 (Post discount of course), either of these codes will work independently from another as well as together.
DIY Electronics kit. Harness the power of the electron! Create games, toys, and contraptions with these fundamental components. Follow the easy instructions to make a light detector, LED flasher, noisemaker and more! Once you master the basics, you’ll be ready to create your own! Everything you need to get started is right in the box, including switches, buttons, diodes, capacitors. transistors and regulators. Learn the amazing concepts of resistance, capacitance, voltage and current with the step-by-step project manual. Soon, you will be the electronics wizard! Great introduction to electronics for all ages.
Animated Ghost kit. Grab this cool kit for Halloween. Sound activated, the ghost flashes his little red LED eyes, vibrates and makes scary sounds! Easy and fun to build. Hack it!
- Ghost responds to sudden noises
- Adjustable sensitivity
- Battery operation: 2xAAA battery (not included)
- Soldering Required
- Dimensions: 137x68x50mm
MintyBoost 2.0 kit. Build your own MintyBoost: a small & simple (but very powerful and very MAKE-like) USB charger for your iPod (or other mp3 player), camera, cell phone, and any other gadget you can plug into a USB port to charge.
- The charger circuitry and 2 AA batteries fit into an Altoids gum tin, and will run your iPod for hours, 2.5x more than you’d get from a 9V USB charger! You can use rechargable batteries too.
- Tested with iPod nano/mini/photo/video/shuffle, Blackberry, iPaq, LuxPro Tangent, Rio Carbon, Samsung T809 and more.
- Uses 2 AA batteries (not included), more than doubles your iPod 4G/5G battery life!
- Some soldering is necessary, but even if you’ve never soldered before it should be pretty easy.
- Batteries and tin not included. If you live in an area that doesn’t have Altoids gum, you can buy a tin (including the gum) from us.
Diet Coke and Mentos kit. Recreate the Internet sensation in your own backyard! Fresh from their performance at the 2008 Maker Faires, the guys at EepyBird have hand crafted replica PVC nozzles just like the ones they use themselves. Each kit contains a variety of nozzle cuts to give you the coolest, highest shooting geysers. We’ll even throw in a pack of Mentos to get you started (Diet Coke not included). Check out EepyBird videos here. Thanks again for another great show guys!
Arduino Starter kit. Arduino is a tool for making computers that can sense and control more of the physical world than your desktop computer. It’s an open-source physical computing platform based on a simple microcontroller board, and a development environment for writing software for the board. Arduino is open source! We’ve put together our own Arduino Starter Kit, tossed in our bestselling Making Things Talk book, wrapped it up in some cool packaging so you can get started quickly without having to do a lot of shopping first.
- 1x Arduino Diecimila
- 1x Mini Breadboard
- 1x 3 ft. USB Cable
- 10x 1K Resistors
- 2x 10k Resistors
- 3x Red LEDs
- 2x Green LEDs
- 1X Superbright Blue LED
- 1x Momentary Tactile Switch
- 2x Interlink Force Sensing Resistors
- 1x Protoshield Kit (unassembled)
- Making Things Talk by Tom Igoe
- 24″ each of Red, Blue & Black AWG jumper wire
- 9V Battery Case w/DC Plug (some assembly required)
- Yes, even a 9V battery
Remember – enter in MAKER to get 10% off any of these kits or if you spend more than $80 enter in FAIRE after and get free shipping on orders over $80.00 (Post discount of course), either of these codes will work independently from another as well as together.
If these kits don’t float your boat stop back on Weds around the same time for more!