Congratulations to Antti SeppÃ¤nen, whose Beagle Board-based robot is the winner of the first Beagle Board design contest.
What’s more, Antti also created a very cool expansion board for the Beagle Board, and made the design available under a CC license:
My Beagle bot required building an expansion board. Some requirements for expansion board:
- Wide input voltage range up to at least +15 volts
- +5 volts stable and reliable power supply for Beagle Board and for USB hub
- Level shifters and pin headers for +5 volt tolerant I2C, SPI and some GPIOs
- 5 pcs of 50 Hz PWM output for normal RC servos
- RS232 header, preferably two
- Open-drain outputs for various peripherals
- Control of servos and open-drain outputs from Beagle via I2C
The expansion board is going to be a big help for Beagle Board hackers, as it solves a lot of issues (power, level shifting, etc)!