Make: Day aims to celebrate the ingenuity and inventiveness in our community. Building off the success of Maker Faires and the American Maker events, Make: Day will give local engineers, artists, tinkerers and inventors the opportunity to showcase their DIY creations to Science Museum of Minnesota visitors.
Make: Day takes place on March 14th at the Science Museum of Minnesota from 10am – 3pm. That’s right, Pi Day (3/14)!
Here’s the list of participants:
- Make: television episodes and projects
– Geek Squad Agents and Tech Tips
– Tim Kaiser, featured on Episode 6 of Make: television
– Scott Olson – Inventor of Rollerblades, Rowbike and Kong Pong,
– Savage Aural Hotbed
– Studio Bricolage
– Build your own guitar!
– Hands on Scratch programming demo
– Chicago Avenue Fire Arts Center
– Keston and Westdal
– Asia Ward – Animatronic Sculptures
– Kyle Phillips – multitouch surface table
– St. Thomas Academy Experimental Vehicle Team
– FIRST Robotics in Minnesota
– The LED Obi – wearable technology
– Bakken Museum
– 3D Printers from Stratasys
– Tripoli Minnesota
– Twin Cities Robotics Group
Be sure to arrive early, the state high school hockey tournament is going on across the street and it’s huge (I’ll leave the nerds v. jocks jokes for the comments section).
We’ll post more info each week, so stay tuned!