Check out the 1mW XBee wireless module with 802.15.4 protocol . It’s really good for point-to-point, and multipoint networks. It really is the easiest way to add wireless communications to your next project.
- Low cost, low-power point-to-multipoint/peer-to-peer networking
- Fast 250 kbps RF data rate
- No configuration needed for out-of-the-box RF communications
- 128-bit AES encryption
- DigiMesh 2.4 protocol available with firmware change
More about XBee in the Maker Shed
The XBee adapter kit from the Maker Shed is designed to make adding wireless point-to-point or mesh networking easy. The kit includes a PCB and all components necessary to build the adapter. This kit is really easy to build, even if you’ve never soldered before. The XBee module is not included.
- Onboard 3.3V regulator to cleanly power your XBee, up to 250mA
- Level shifting circuitry means that its trivial to connect it to 5V circuitry such as an Arduino without risk of damage
- Two LEDs, one for activity (RSSI), the other for power (Associate)
- 10-pin 2mm sockets included to protect the modem and allow easy swapping, upgrading or recycling
- All the commonly used pins are brought out along the edge, making it easy to breadboard or wire up
- Specifically created for use with an FTDI cable to connect to a computer via USB.
- For use with any XBee/Pro pin-compatible module
More about XBee Adapter kit