They electronically switch and amplify signals by harnessing the unique abilities of semiconductor materials. Their invention has transformed the world of electronics and accelerated our entry into the digital age. Behold – the Transistor!
I learned a lot while making this installment of the MAKE presents series. here’s a few of the information resources I found helpful during my research -
- PBS’ Transistorized!
- Transistor, History of the Transistor on Wikipedia
- How Do Transistors Work? (NO, HOW DO THEY REALLY WORK?) by William Beaty
- Transistors on Williamson Labs
- Getting Started in Electronics by Forrest M. Mims III
- Transistor Circuits on Electronics Club
Providing a clear and concise explanation of the transistor proved to be an enjoyable challenge. As always, feel free to leave suggestions, questions, corrections, ideas, etc in the comments!
var digg_url = ‘http://digg.com/hardware/MAKE_presents_The_Transistor';