Comments

1. jeff-o says:

So these are carved using a long stick? Or are the footprints are erased afterward?

1. Stefan Hermann says:

If this was a legal copy of Photoshop? Sorry, but in this wicked world, I even don’t trust myself.

2. Paul Overton says:

Thanks for the link!

3. Colecoman1982 says:

Damn prawns, they should all just get off our planet and go home.

4. Les says:

Babelfish translation: “…and thanks for all the plankton.”

5. Andrew van der Merwe says:

I learned a new word the other day: asemic. I’ve been messing around with all these weird and wonderful African writing systems in my beach calligraphy for quite while, inventing my own stuff from it, and it turns out there’s a whole special category for it in art. Look it up – asemic – serious stuff, or not.

&rew, beach scriber

6. Andrew van der Merwe says:

Looks like my first attempt to comment got snagged on a URL I stuck in there. Just as well as I made a stupid sour comment. Adjusted version:

Hi, guys.
    Sorry, can’t resist diving in here.

Photoshopped? Tsk! It reminds me of another comment I occasionally get about my usual on-paper calligraphy: “What font is that?” Then if I tell them I just wrote it, they want to know why I didn’t just use a font. Plebs. If you want to be sure this is genuine, check out the Burster project on Behance. You can see some of the process.

Long stick? I left sticks behind about 6 years ago. The instruments I now use cut the sand out. I then chuck it behind me or into a bucket and cart it off the scene.

Footprints? That’s the easy part. I levitate. The hard part is getting the calligraphy right. :-)

“… and thanks for the … “? hee hee. If you really wan to know what it says, read the source code of the image.
    ;-)