If you’re thinking of taking a MAKEcation (learning to solder, hacking your cooler, or building a trebuchet), this weekend is your last chance! The long weekend will give you plenty of time to do a project, with time left over for the BBQ! Documentation is due next Wednesday, September 9 in the MAKE Flickr pool (tagged “MAKEcation”).
Top prize in each category: $100 Maker Shed Gift Certificate
Teach your family to solder:
- Super learn-to-solder roundup
- MAKEcation learn to solder bundle in the Maker Shed
- Toolbox: Soldering essentials, part 1
- Toolbox, Soldering tools, part 2
- Let the MAKEcation solder-fest BEGIN!
Cooler hacking challenge:
- Brainstorming cooler hacking ideas
- Hack your cooler: Mobilize it!
- Hack your cooler: Air chillers
- Hack your cooler: Other cooler hacks
- MAKEcation Cooler Hacking Challenge
- Patio cooler
- Ice Cooler Lightbox
Family trebuchet challenge:
- How to build a catapult part 1
- How to build a catapult part 2: triggers and releases
- How to build a catapult part 3 – Hollywood inspirations
- Maker Workshop – Portable Trebuchet on Make: television
- MAKEcation trebuchet bundle in the Maker Shed
- Altoids tin trebuchet
- Make a Trebuchet – Make: Video Podcast
- Make a Trebuchet – Make: PDF Podcast
- The MAKEcation Family Trebuchet Challenge!