PizzaOven058.jpg

Most wood-fired pizza ovens I’ve seen are built to last. The folks over at Machine Project built this temporary oven for a recent event and self-proclaimed pizza fanatic Mike Senese of Catch It Keep It fame was kind enough to document its construction. [Thanks, Max!]

I attended a fantastic pizza making event at Machine Project (instructor: Michael O’Malley) that included the construction and firing of a DIY temporary brick pizza oven – the ultimate in pizza cooking. Hugely educational and inspiring, even for a committed pizza fanatic such as myself. The oven, built, fired up, and torn down over the course of an afternoon, worked amazingly well – I cooked the best pizza I’ve ever made, by far.

More:

Adam Flaherty

I make cool stuff and write about other people making cool stuff on makezine.com. If you have something you think I should see, send me a tip.

Comments

1. Linux77 says:

How funny, I was in this group too. The pizzas were great. I had no idea that was the guy from Catch It Keep It though. Go figure.

2. machright says:

Wow, it makes me want to go out and build on right now!
    I love…LOVE pizza!!
    The video had some great tips as well!

Great Blog
    My name is Mad Coyote Joe. I’m a food writer and TV cooking show host. I surf around the web and check out blogs, that’s how I found you. My blog is more of a lifestyles page from the high Sonoran desert in central Arizona. Content wise it’s food, green building, wood fired oven construction and use, and my daily life including chapters from my up coming novel “Willie” building our cooking school, my open mic night, music, chiles and tequila. Check us out at
    Please leave your thoughts and comments.
    Warmly,
    Mad Coyote Joe

Great Blog
    Please leave your thoughts and comments.
    Warmly,
    Mad Coyote Joe

Great Blog
    Please leave your thoughts and comments.
    Warmly,
    Mad Coyote Joe

Great Blog
    Please leave your thoughts and comments.
    Warmly,