Flickr use JesterVineo posted this video of the adorable Noah (his son) explaining their CoasterBot. See, robots are so easy, even a small child, a really precocious, adorable child, can figure them out. Go, Noah (and Jamie, who’s also working on the project)!
Noah’s and Jamie’s robot components: Arduino Nano v3, L293D motor driver, AnyVolt Micro DC-DC (switching) converter, GWS S35 STD continuous rotation servo, Sharp GP2D120 IR sensor, rechargable batteries 4.8-6V
Use of ShapeLock and Shrinky Dink plastic to create servo motor mounts.
Have you started building your CoasterBot yet? There’s still plenty of time. See the Make: Robot Build landing page for contest details. And if you’re working on your bot, post pics to the MAKE Flickr pool (and don’t forget to use the “coasterbot” tag).
- Make: Robot Build project blogs
- Round-up of coasterbots from around the internet
- Makers are starting to work on their coasterbots…
- Rules for Roboticists
- Gentlemakers, start your robots!
- Gear up for the Make: Robot Build, sponsored by Jameco