In the latest Make: Robot Build Newsletter, Matt Mets wrote a piece introducing motor controllers and linked to an ITP article on using an L293NE motor controller. In the Robot Build area of the MAKE Forums, Alan Kilian pointed us to this other excellent tutorial, Control Your Motors with L293D, on Let’s Make Robots. It has very clear breadboard images and shows you, among other things, how to add a few capacitors to your circuit to smooth out the current.
Control your motors with L293D
- Some CoasterBot inspiration
- Noah’s and Jamie’s CoasterBot
- Make: Robot Build project blogs
- Round-up of coasterbots from around the internet
- Makers are starting to work on their coasterbots…
- Rules for Roboticists
- Gentlemakers, start your robots!
- Gear up for the Make: Robot Build, sponsored by Jameco