Excited about Maker Faire Bay Area, and want to help spread the word about it? Want to score some free tickets to the event while you are at it? Well, then you might want to join the Maker Faire Bay Area Street Team:
How to join the Maker Faire Bay Area Street Team
It’s easy. Send your contact info (name, address and phone as well as the city/area you’ll be covering) to [email protected], and we will send you a packet of 25 fliers and 200 postcards. Then, you go to all the places you already go (maybe a few more) and pin or tape a flier on a bulletin board or in a window and a small stack of postcards on the front counter. Of course you will need to ask permission first! In a few of the places, snap a picture for us, and when you are done send them to us so that we can see your great work.
When you are done, let us know and we will send you two Adult tickets to Maker Faire Bay Area. You won’t have to wait in line for your tickets, you will save a little cash, and you will have helped us spread the word about this great event within your community.
Here are some great places to post fliers and place postcards:
- Coffee shops
- Toy Stores
- Hobby Shops
- Craft Stores
- Scrap Stores
- Community Centers
- Hacker Spaces
- Tech Shops
- After School Programs
- Garden Centers
- Thrift Stores
- Fabric shops
- Schools, colleges, student centers
- and more
- You must be in San Francisco Bay Area within approx 200 miles of San Mateo County Event Center.
- You must join no later than May 12th. We are taking the first 3-5 entrants (depending on how large your geo/area is), so the earlier you join the better!
- Send us 3 pics of locations you have placed Maker Faire fliers and/or postcards!
- Please don’t post fliers/postcards at any location w/o asking permission or if not permissible.
- Please don’t post fliers/postcards all in one place. We are trusting that you will be a good Maker Faire street team member and will spread these materials out throughout your community :-)
Thank you, and we look forward to having you on our team!