Trust our friends Lenore and Windell at Evil Mad Scientist Laboratories to take something most of us take for granted and explore it thoroughly. In their recent column Start Seeing Magnetic Fields, they explore a bunch of different ways of visualizing the fields, ranging from the classic iron filings method to “magnetic field viewing film” to using a magnetoresistive sensor from SparkFun. Check it out!
- HOW TO build a Permanent magnet generator…(power from wind)
- Math Monday: Magnet constructions
- The best refridgerator magnet money can’t buy
- DIY mechanical magnetic levitation
- Not-so-stupid magnet tricks