Another great entry in our Gadget Freak Design Contest! Stephen Melvin of Sure Electronics retrofit his DeWalt DC527 area work light with two high-brightness 10W LEDs instead of the 13W CFL it is designed to use. Guesstimating from the photos I’d say he’s getting about 100W worth of light, by incandescent standards, out of the mod.
The contest is heating up, but there’s still room for competition! But the deadline’s coming up fast this Tuesday, July 13, so get cracking!
- Portable automated greenhouse
- How-To: Retrofit a Magic 8-Ball with an OLED display
- DIY server room monitoring
- How-To: Build a star-tracker for your camera
- Kits & Kitmakers: Al Linke’s DIY Magic Mirror
- Kits & Kitmakers: Andrew Argyle’s Sputnik I Nixie Clock
- Kits & Kitmakers: Doug Jackson’s DIY Word Clock
- Sonodrome: Inspiring entrepreneurship in hobby electronics
- Variable-terrain putting green
- 3D LED Tic-tac-toe