Using not much more than an Arduino, a piece of metal shim, and a bunch of wire, Instructables user sketchsk3tch built this Arduino Magstripe Emulator, which purportedly can spoof a magnetic card reader into thinking a card has been swiped. Quite the MacGyver solution to magstripe hacking…
- Magnetic stripe card spoofer
- Decoding magstrip cards with Arduino
- Powdered rust reveals magstripe data
- Make your own Square credit card reader?
- “Banned” slides — The Anatomy of a Subway Hack: Breaking Crypto RFID’s and Magstripes of Ticketing Systems