Announcing another Handmade Music, this Sunday 8/29!
Culturefix, 9 Clinton St., New York, NY 10002
Sunday, August 29
Open Party Event 7-9:30p
Handmade Music is a community get-together, Science Fair, noise-making happening, and party for people making things that make music. We return to NYC on Sunday, August 29 at 7p. Our new Manhattan home is Culturefix, a new electronics boutique, gallery, and tapas bar on the Lower East Side.
This month, we welcome a classically-trained guitar duo using their instruments to play games, an original string-modeling instrument, a sonic dodecahedron sculpture (really), artists using game chips, and more. Last-minute creations are always welcome.
- Modal Kombat, clasically-trained guitarists playing video games like
Pong and Mario Kart
- Smomid, an original, guitar-like modeled instrument
- Neurohedron, a nonlinear sequencer and dodecahedronal sculpture that
plays modal music
- Chip music assembled by Pulsewave NYC, including Square Wail
(Seattle), DaPantz, Kris Keyser, and AdamGetsAwesome playing Game Boys
and other handheld instruments for “fat beats with old timey melodies”
- Scenes from Handmade Music Brooklyn 3/8/10
- Scenes from the last Handmade Music
- More video from the last Handmade Music