Everyone had a great time at the first World Maker Faire New York yesterday, and there’s a whole second day of DIY goodness waiting to unfold today. If you’re in the area, head over to the New York Hall of Science in Queens from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and get inspired! The Maker Faire Daily Feed has a great highlights list for today:
The Maker Faire Program Guide (PDF) contains information about some of the featured makers and exhibits, plus a map of the grounds around the NY Hall of Science.
In addition to hundreds of exhibits over 17 acres, both inside and outside the NY Hall of Science, here’s are some highlights for Saturday.
- A panel on Hackerspaces and Makerspaces begins at 11am on Center Stage, which is the auditorium inside the Hall of Science. It will be followed at noon by author Steven Levy talking about his book “Hackers.”
- ArcAttack! will perform on the hour and half-hour in the amazing Great Hall. Joe DiPrima and his musical Tesla coils are fresh from a run to the semi-finals on America’s Got Talent.
- Cooking for Geeks by author Jeff Potter at 11 am on Maker Square Stage in Zone C.
- Jules Pieri of The Daily Grommet will talk at 12:30pm on Citizen Commerce on the Maker Square Stage in Zone C.
- Battle-of-the-Science Bands in the Rock-It Science Caberet, organized by Science Friday runs on the Rocket Stage from Noon to 1:30pm and 4pm to 5pm Saturday.
- Meet editors from Martha Stewart Living and see projects from their October issue, located in Zone B.
- Can you build your own car? Jay Rogers of Local Motors explains in “Make C.O.O.L. Cars” at 2pm on Center Stage.
- State of the Arduino by Massimo Banzi at 3pm on Center Stage.
- Tinkering School founder and author Gever Tulley will talk about “Thirty Minutes of Dangerous Ideas and Dangerous Activities” at 1:00pm in the Maker Square stage in Zone C.
- Painting with Light by Daniel Hirschmann at 5:00pm in the ITP Cafe inside NYSCI on the lower level.
- Thinking as a Scientist on the joys of scientific discovery by Steve Jacobs as “Wizard IV” three times a day on the Rocket Stage in Zone A.
- Weekend warriors are competing in the Chariot Races, organized by Madagascar Instititue. Races at 1pm and 5pm in Rocket Roundabout, Zone D.
- Visit over 100 crafters in the BUST Craftacular, organized by BUST Magazine, in Zone B. Here’s a listing of the participating crafters.
- Make Squishy Circuits with Anne Marie Thomas at noon on the MAKE demo stage in Zone D.
- Life Size Mousetrap performs at 11:30 am, 12:30, 2:30, 3:30 and 5:30pm.
- Coke Zero and Mentos will do a performance at 4pm.
- Learn to solder at the Maker Shed in Zone D.
- Check out the Sunday-at-Glance Schedule.