It’s that time of the month again folks, great event this Sunday in NYC: Handmade Music! Peter Kirn writes:
We promise music you can dance to, music you canâ€™t, and tapas (at least in NYC).
And on October 10, a little secret will finally be revealed to Manhattan and the world.
If youâ€™re a citizen of The Internet, weâ€™ve got lots of sounds and creations to explore here on The Web from the comfort of Your Home â€“ scroll on below. There are even great projects you can build anywhere in the world.
For New Yorkers, the lineup on Sunday:
- Immersive music made with game engines, featuring foci + loci (Tamara Yadao + Chris Burke) doing strange and wonderful things with the likes of Halo and Little Bit Planet.
- Drone labs and analog light synths by master electronic sonic maker Peter Edwards, Casperelectronics.
- Classical music on Casio VL-Tone in a cameo by the amazing Annabelle Cazes.
- Chip music by PULSEWAVE, hosted by Peter Swimm.
- Make + trade handmade CDs (see our separate article). Bring your music or Creative Commons-licensed / public domain mixes.
- A surprise. Or more. At least one.
- Scenes from Handmade Music
- Scenes from Handmade Music Brooklyn 3/8/10
- Scenes from the last Handmade Music