I am usually immune to the yen for expensive man-cave trophies, but I gotta admit: I would have a great time standing over this thing with a beer in one hand and a meat fork in the other explaining to my guests how my fancy grill was handmade in Estonia from recovered naval mine casings.
The artist is Mati Karmin, and he also makes furniture, baby carriages, and toilet stalls, inter alia, from the same material. For the record, it looks like the mines he uses were de-milled by the Soviet Army a long time before he got hold of them. [via Neatorama]
- Royal Navy Field Gun Competition 1997
- Bobbing naval generator runs “eternally” on ocean’s heat
- DIY Navy – Oberon Class Submarine for sale… & Erik and the submarine
- USS Midway – Giant steam powered aircraft carrier
- Magnetic Induction Gun (video)