Really the “plant hanger” thing is just an easy example. The cool bit here is the trick for making fixed three- and four-way joints in ball chain using the commonly-known “straight” couplings, plus one you may not already know about. You can use it to make snap-together ball-chain nets or meshes of any size or shape, for any reason you might want to.
- Make: Projects—Collapsible trash bag frame
- Make: Projects—Concrete planters
- Make: Projects—Garduino geek gardening
- How-To: Plant hangers from ball chain
- Ball chain space in Phoenix this weekend
I am descended from 5,000 generations of tool-using primates. Also, I went to college and stuff. I write for MAKE, serve as Technical Editor for MAKE magazine, and develop original DIY content for Make: Projects.