Our pal Jeri Ellsworth turned us on to this awesome series of machine shop vids, done by “tubalcain” (aka mrpete222), a retired shop teacher from Illinois. It does my heart good to think of someone with this kind of technical expertise and years of practical wisdom, who’s already “retired,” creating such great educational videos and sharing them with the webbed world.

Mrpete222′s YouTube Channel

More:
MIT machine shop vids

Gareth Branwyn

Gareth Branwyn is a freelancer writer and the former Editorial Director of Maker Media. He is the author or editor of a dozen books on technology, DIY, and geek culture, including the first book about the web (Mosaic Quick Tour) and the Absolute Beginner’s Guide to Building Robots. He is currently working on a best-of collection of his writing, called Borg Like Me.

Comments

1. kokpat says:

It is so useful, I learn a lot from this video.

2. freaklabs says:

He sounds like a guy that really loves his work. When I was in shop classes in high school, I never experienced that kind of enthusiasm. Just goes to show you. If you know how to make stuff, retirement just means you have more time to do what you love.

Akiba
    FreakLabs

3. bradylane says:

I love this guy. His enthusiasm is great and I’ve already benefited from watching some of his videos. I’m bookmarking his Youtube channel for sure.

I appreciate people like him who take time to share their knowledge with the rest of us.

I’ve recently started building a plane in my basement and resources like this are incredible. I’ve also benefited from EAA’s “Hints for Homebuilders” video series at: http://www.eaavideo.org/channel.aspx?ch=ch_hints

They have hundreds of videos on a wide range of topics from electrical wiring to working with composites to sheet metal and wood.

Thanks for sharing Mr. Pete222′s channel with us.

4. drewski_brewski says:

Now all I have to do is convince my wife that driving an old jalopy gives me license to purchase a Bridgeport.

It would be wonderful if I could somehow buy the full set of videos/dvd from mrpete 222.Is there anyway I could make contact with him or the rightful owner.I am from south africa and am trying to teach young artisans this art.I can be contacted on markenglish@webmail.co.za.Many thanks for your help.
    Regards Mark

6. Zeev Glozman says:

hey yes you can buy his videos, here is a link http://www.lfe.com/courses/machine-shop