Make: Live ep04 is all about DIY Musical Instruments! Thanks to our fill-in cohost Collin Cunningham and guests Ranjit Bhatnagar and Pete Edwards.
Ranjit Bhatnagar – Instrument-A-Day Ranjit Bhatnagar devotes the month of February to creating a musical instrument every day, documented on his blog. He joins us in-studio with samples from this year’s instrument-a-day series including a laser-cut violin and corn cob sequencer music. Special thanks to guest violinist (and CRAFT contributor) Alaina Zulli for her pixel-perfect performance.
Pete Edwards – Circuit bending & synths MAKE contributer Pete Edwards (of Casper Electronics) joins us via video chat to talk circuit bending and shows us his den of electronic creations in Troy, NY. Barbie karaoke machines, a glitched-out NES, and a demo of a simple technique to turn cheap toys into circuit-bent gold.
- Call for Makers for Bay Area Maker Faire ends March 14
- 8-bit violin design files on Thingiverse
- Corn music
- Digi-Key giveaway prize: Weller WES51 soldering station, LED multipack, 10x 555 timers, Resistor multipack, coincell batteries and holders, 2x solderless breadboards, jumper wires, and 3 evaldi headsets
- Photo challenge correct answer: BeatBearing Sequencer in MAKE v17
- Maker Shed deal: Take 15% off any of our awesome guitar kits by Saga. Electric guitars, bass guitars, mandolin, even a banjo. Check out with code MAKELIVE2 good through March 23rd 2011.
Make: Live 05 – Mechanical Creations from Evil Mad Scientist Laboratories
Wednesday March 23rd, 9pm ET/6pm PT
Watch at makezine.com/live or on UStream
Please join us in the UStream chat or mark tweets with #makelive to interact live with the show.