Just another little bit of sweetness from Matthias Wandel, whose fantastic “woodworking for engineers” site, woodgears.ca, we have, to date, linked to more than a dozen times. See below.

More:

Sean Michael Ragan

I am descended from 5,000 generations of tool-using primates. Also, I went to college and stuff. I write for MAKE, serve as Technical Editor for MAKE magazine, and develop original DIY content for Make: Projects.

Comments

1. Bryan says:

I want one. That way I’ll still have a potentially lethal self defense weapon when Obama manages to finish packing the SCOTUS with anti-Second Amendment judges and they decide by judicial fiat that the 2nd Amendment only applies to members of the Military and Law Enforcement.

1. Eddie Shuman says:

I want one too, that way when Obama herps all the derps I an still herpitidy derp with out him herping all the didiliederps…..Derp.

fucking socialist.

2. Eddie Shuman says:

fucking socialist.

3. Eddie Shuman says:

fucking socialist.

4. Eddie Shuman says:

fucking socialist.

2. hello welcome goodbye et bonne et fructueuse journée

3. Hmm… While I’d barely classify that 1/8″ luan crap as “plywood”, and mention that you could put your finger through it with very little effort, I still want one.

1. Indeed. I hesitated at the headline, and in the end copped out to sensationalism. =]

4. S.Roberts says:

Brilliantly awesome idea! A must have device, where can I get the plans for making one?

5. tibbe zwenkwiel says:

I used to shoot marbles using my sling shot
    basicaly the same effect
    best was firing it at windows, would leave this perfectly round holes

6. tibbe zwenkwiel says:

I used to shoot marbles using my sling shot
    basicaly the same effect
    best was firing it at windows, would leave this perfectly round holes

7. tibbe zwenkwiel says:

I used to shoot marbles using my sling shot
    basicaly the same effect
    best was firing it at windows, would leave this perfectly round holes

8. SpeedySigns says:

Looks like a nice little weekend project to me!

9. Mac Whitaker says:

I, like Matthias, live in the country, and after recently joining MAKE, saw this, and thought of using it as a ranged way to shoo deer from our garden. Overkill? I hope it wouldn’t hurt the deer, so I won’t be using ball bearings. Any thoughts?

10. Mac Whitaker says:

What kind of tool was used to make the track for the barrel?