A commenter on last week’s electric bike round-up pointed me to this drool-inducing 2008 build from one “Doctorbass,” of Quebec. I am especially impressed by the custom-built battery pack:
- 432 Sony 18650V (known as Konion).used in Makita, Bionx an, 3.75 Volt, Lithium-Ion
2.21 Kilowatt-hour LiMnO2
- I built this pack myself with engineering knowledge for thermal management and safety protections.
- I used many used 18V 3Ah LXT power tools battery pack of Makita.
- These cells are 1600mAh each and are mounted in 24s 18p groups.
- The total pack give 100.8V fully charged and 24Ah.