Christina McFall is obsessed with color, texture, form, and chemical reactions. She approaches the art of cyanotype printing with the mind of a scientist, carefully recording tests and cataloging results. She hand draws and tessellates patterns with her tablet to produce her negatives. Her innovative printing methods harness UV light to create Prussian Blue prints on fabric. She then hacks the dye with various treatments to induce a rainbow of unexpected results. Ultimately she creates beautiful and useful pieces with the prints.
Meet Christina McFall and get an up-close view of her intricate textiles at Maker Faire Bay Area, May 21 & 22.
- Meet The Makers: Maurice Connolly
- Meet The Makers: Nirav Patel
- Meet The Makers: Meredith Scheff
- Meet The Makers: Sung Kim
- Meet The Makers: Jason, Jimmy and Kiran
- Meet The Makers: Satya Kraus