Father’s Day is coming right up this weekend, and of course we think there’s no better way to spend the day than to work on a project with Dad on his special day. Last week we posted up 10 project ideas for kids 10 and under, and today we offer up 10 more for older kids. With Dad by your side, there’s really no project you can’t tackle, and we know that kids of all ages are capable of amazing builds. Check out our suggestions below, and head over to Make: Projects for tons more full projects. You’ll no doubt find a project perfect for you and Pops.

Pages:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Goli Mohammadi

I’m senior editor at MAKE and have worked on MAKE magazine since the first issue. I’m a word nerd who particularly loves to geek out on how emerging technology affects the lexicon as a whole. When not fawning over perfect word choices, I can be found on the nearest mountain, looking for the ideal alpine lake or hunting for snow to feed my inner snowboard addict.

The maker movement provides me with endless inspiration, and I love shining light on the incredible makers in our community. The specific beat I cover is art, and I’m a huge proponent of STEAM (as opposed to STEM). After all, the first thing most of us ever made was art.

Contact me at goli (at) makermedia (dot) com.

Comments

1. Dave Nash says:

Please please don’t go into this separate page format, no one wants to see Make end up with slideshows…

1. Tom Ligman says:

Also, if you absolutely have to break things up into 2 or 3 pages to satisfy your page click quotas or something, could you at least link to the projects and not just name them?

2. chad says:

After reading through the Make: Projects documentation and noticing the ‘embeddable slideshow’ I was curious how they would be used in real-life. I guess that’s the hope of these kind of posts.

Make, we don’t mind scrolling, and I bet the majority of us find it easier than clicking on a tiny, non obvious link.

2. Xiver says:

This multi-page format is stupid.  I clicked on the first couple and there was only one sentence on each page.  Is Make Magazine in such bad need of advertising dollars that they feel its ok for their surfers to have a miserable experience?  I think that will backfire.

3. Tim Cocks says:

I clicked on pages 2 and 3. Saw one sentence on each and then closed this article…I was actually genuinely interested in it. But this is presented horribly.

This piece is currently experiencing technical difficulties. Each page is supposed to have a Make: Project embedded in it, not just be the intro sentence. We’re looking into it now.

(And in general we’ll only use the slideshow format sparingly. Thanks for the feedback. We’re experimenting with it now.)

4. Mike Dennis says:

This, and the companion article for 10-and-under, still don’t have access to the actual projects…